1. WGS 2100 Introduction to Gender Studies.
2. Either WGS 3810 Feminist Theory or WGS 3800 Queer Theory.
3. WGS 4050 Senior Seminar or other designated 4000 level course taken in the spring of the senior year.
4. One WGS course designated as concentrating on Global Perspectives.
The completion of WGS 3810 or WGS 3800 is a prerequisite for admission to WGS 4050 (or other course designated as counting as the Senior Seminar). A minimum grade of C must be earned in any course counted toward the Minor. Courses counting toward the WGS Minor may include one course designated as an adjunct course. An adjunct course is one in which gender is a significant focus, but the central focus is not on women or gender.
1. Review the list of approved WGS courses to determine which ones interest you most.
2. Obtain a current copy of your Academic Advising Transcript from the Student Information System (SIS).
3. Obtain a copy of the Declaration of Minor form online or from the WGS office in 227 Minor Hall.
4. Complete the Minor Advising Worksheet.
5. Review your completed forms with WGS Director of Undergraduate Programs, Professor Cori Field during office hours (Tuesdays 12-2 pm) or email to make an appointment.